Addressing a Critical Need
We need to make sure that our roads and streets can accommodate safely [the projected statewide 130% increase of] older drivers, who are going to be needing to remain connected to their community. Safer roadways for older drivers are safer roadways for everybody.
—Kim Iapalucci, AARP Delaware
See video preview and PSAs at Press Room.
This page provides links to relevant online institutional, organizational, and governmental resources at both the state and national levels.
- AARP (AARP Delaware)
- AAA (AAA Mid-Atlantic)
- “Assessing the Needs of Older Drivers” (University of Delaware report)
- Delaware Department of Transportation (community transportation programs and services)
- Delaware Office of Highway Safety (general state highway safety info)
- Delaware Department of Motor Vehicles (general state motor vehicle info)
- Delaware Department of Health & Human Services (general state health info)
- WHYY (project public broadcasting outlet)
- AAA Senior Drivers (AAA’s site for senior drivers)
- AARP Driver Safety (topics and tips related to driver safety for older drivers)
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (facts sheets and research)
- Federal Highway Administration (federal agency info)
- Roadway Safety Foundation (general roadway safety info)